Donor Relations Manager
Big City Mountaineers is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy and will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants. Big City Mountaineers is an equal opportunity/equal access employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all Federal and Colorado State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding non-discrimination.
Donor Relations Manager Introduction:
Big City Mountaineers is seeking a Donor Relations Manager to support all aspects of the organization’s donor relations strategy. The Donor Relations Manager will work in concert with the Executive Director and the Director of Finance to maintain and enhance BCM’s consistent and strategic communications with donors and prospective donors.
The Donor Relations Manager provides overall leadership and management for BCM’s identification, cultivation, and stewardship of donors. The position is responsible for how individual donors are supported. He/She will also work with the broader BCM team to serve as a strategist and effectively leverage our corporate contacts, programmatic relationships, board of directors, national council and other VIP networks to grow our community of supporters.
The Donor Relations Manager will provide a clear and consistent voice in our overall communications strategy targeted at our donors, volunteers, and BCM’s broader network. As such, he/she will interface with professional communications contractors, public relations professionals, and marketing experts who provide both fee-based and pro-bono services to the organization. The Donor Relations Manager will coordinate with these and other interested parties to ensure BCM is effectively communicating our point of difference to the public and inspire donations to the organization.
Big City Mountaineers plans to hire the Donor Relations Manager as soon as possible. The position is a full-time, exempt, benefited position based in Golden, Colorado. The position reports to the Executive Director.
- Ensure a donor-centric approach to development through an integrated model involving staff,
volunteers, systems, data management, emphasizing excellent internal and external communications.
- Manage and support a growing annual fund portfolio and implement innovative strategies for renewal and rejuvenation of mid-level donors.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with current and prospective individual donors.
- Coordinate with the Executive Director a moves management plan for pre-determined constituent groups, based on level and individual interests.
- Create individual goals and strategy plans for each prospect and donor in portfolio, based on the donor’s history of giving and the organization’s knowledge of that donor’s potential.
- Plan fundraising approach for the year and oversee the preparation and distribution of appeals, stewardship communications, and promotional materials.
- Supports and executes strategic action outlined in the Fundraising Plan and organizational strategic plan.
- Executes donor appreciation plan, including processing thank you letters, annual statements, appreciation events, etc.
- Initiate efforts that lead to relevant organizational certifications or recognitions.
- Maintains accurate database records in Salesforce that reconcile with the Director of Finance’s Quickbooks accounts.
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all organizational stakeholders.
- Project manages and works with staff and volunteers to plan and host fundraising/friendraising events.
- Coordinate marketing efforts and activity on the website, social media, and other platforms with staff, contractors, and professional volunteers to strengthen visibility and advance fundraising efforts.
- Ensure a prompt response to individual donors’ inquiries through written correspondence, telephone contact, personal contact, and e-mail. Direct specific requests to relevant team members.
- Ensure all appropriate donor information (contact information, notes, etc) is being collected in the Salesforce database.
- Generate Salesforce reports and analyze data as needed.
- Produce monthly newsletters to communicate to BCM’s community of supporters, volunteers, donors, and sponsors the impact of BCM programs.
- Build and maintain a library of stories, quotes, photos, etc. for various marketing uses: social media posts, newsletters, press releases, video, print materials, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree 3+ years progressive development experience, including portfolio management and successful solicitation and stewardship of gifts
- Personal and professional values consistent with BCM’s mission, values, and principles
- Outstanding interpersonal and written communication skills with ability to write for different audiences and for various purposes.
- A sophisticated and comprehensive understanding of fundraising principles and practices, and a demonstrated high level of professionalism, collegiality, and self-motivation.
- Able to work effectively in a dynamic environment – problem solver, flexible and adaptable
- Independent worker and cooperative team member
- Windows and Microsoft product mastery
- Salesforce database experience
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Ability to prioritize his/her work and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to inspire passion for our program
- Role model professionalism at all times. Uphold and follow all organizational polices.
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service to donors and community stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate will enjoy initiating and engaging with a wide variety of people and be able to efficiently manage high level contacts with staff, board members, business professionals, and individual donors with a friendly, professional demeanor.
Compensation: $45-50,000/year DOE. The position is full-time and benefited. BCM offers 11 paid holidays per year and has a dog-friendly office.
To apply: Please submit your Cover Letter and Resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Donor Relations Manager” in the subject line. Position will remain open until filled.
No phone calls please.
Applications accepted until position is filled.