Adult canoeing packing list
- Two changes of clothes (underwear, t-shirt, socks, pair of shorts)
- Something to read
- CDs to share in the van (no profanity, disrespecting women/authority figures, no glorifying drugs or violence)
- Small or medium sized towel (recommended)
*Leave valuable items at home. Your travel gear and clothing may be stored in an insecure location.
Weather conditions range from low 40s at night to mid 90s during the day. Layered clothing is a must.
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Tent for every 1-3 adults (this will be worked out amongst the adults)
- 1 pair of sturdy sandals (Keens, Tevas, etc. – need heel strap)
- 1 pair spare athletic shoes for camp and hiking (optional)
- 2 pairs socks (wool or synthetic – for warmth while wet)
- Long underwear – top and bottom fleece top
- Rain jacket and pants (lightweight)
- 1 pair underwear per 1-2 days (3-5) If you wear your swimsuit during the day, you will only need a pair or two or none.
- Sports bras for women
- 1-2 swimsuits
- 1 pair shorts (nylon dries faster than cotton, do not bring jeans). Bring two pair if you don’t bring a swimsuit.
- 1-2 T-shirts (nylon dries faster than cotton, maybe bring one each)
- 1 visor/cap to keep sun off
- Wool/fleece/stocking hat
- Personal care items (toothpaste, toothbrush, non-scented lotion if needed, feminine hygiene products for women). Fit everything into a quart Ziploc.
- Sunglasses Chum/croakie (strap) for glasses/hat (recommended)
- Lip protection (w/ SPF)
- Insect repellent
- Prescription medications, if needed.
- headlamp (or small flashlight)
- Plastic cup, spoon and bowl
- 1-2 quart size water bottles
- Fishing gear
- long-sleeve shirt
- second pair of glasses (if you use prescription glasses and you have a second pair)
- extra rescue inhaler if you use one
BCM provided gear, divided among team members
- Duluth Portage packs
- Canoes and paddles
- Stove, fuel and repair kit
- Kitchen kit including pots & cooking utensils
- Trowel, wet wipes
- Tent repair kit
- First aid kit
- Iodine (water treatment)
- Bear bagging rope
- Repair kit
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-17096476-1']); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);