Create Your Own
Interested in doing something other than a guided climb for BCM?
The options are limitless and there is no fundraising minimum!
Our “Custom Challenge” program allows you to build a campaign that supports BCM while participating in any event or unique adventures. You can cycle, climb, backpack, paddle, run, or do what ever your heart desires! We are here to help you find a a great reason to get outside, tackle a challenge, or get in shape and dream up your own altruistic adventure!
What’s your next big adventure? Call (720) 408-4569 and/or email Rachel, our Summit for Someone Program Manager to get started!
- Organized a team to participate in a Spartan Race
- Climbed a local mountain or a series of mountains
- Hiked the John Muir Trail, Continental Divide Trail, or Pacific Crest Trail
- Run a marathon
Big City Mountaineers is committed to supporting our Summit for Someone climbers every step of the way, helping to ensure you reach your fundraising goal and have fun while doing it!
We’ll help you set up a climber donation page and assist you along the way towards your fundraising goal. We encourage you to take full advantage of the Fundraising Guide and support from the BCM staff.
Many SFS participants are first-time climbers as well as first-time fundraisers. Therefore, we not only support you prepare you for your climb, but we also fully support your fundraising efforts.
Here are some of the resources we provide to make it easy to reach your goal:
- Personal Online Fundraising Page via Crowdrise – tell the world why you are Summiting for Someone, easily collect and track donations.
- Summit for Someone Fundraising Guide –we’ve compiled years of SFS fundraising tips, ideas, initiatives, and templates to make it easy for you to reach your goal.
- Monthly Email Newsletter Inspiration – read stories of transformation and success from our BCM youth, receive even more fundraising tips.
- Google Drive – access to a library of inspirational stories, quotes, and videos from BCM youth & Summit for Someone climbers
- Remittance Slip – print your own copies of our remittance slip; provide your donors a quick and easy way to send donations via snail mail.
- Flyers and Postcards – print your own or we can mail some to you.
- Facebook Group – connect to & get inspired by our growing community of climbers!
- Social Media Tips – new to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc, etc? We’re here to help!
Know someone under 23 that may be interested in a Summit for Someone climb? Have them join your climbing team and your fundraising efforts could be doubled thanks to a grant from Positive Tracks!
BCM has partnered with Positive Tracks a national youth-centric non-profit, to help young people get active and give back through the Summit For Someone program! Positive Tracks has created a $25,000 Youth Fundraising Challenge to double funds generated by climbers ages 23 and under. Every dollar raised by young people and matched by Positive Tracks goes to BCM to transform the lives of under-served urban youth through wilderness mentoring experiences that instill critical life skills. With Positive Tracks’ help, Big City Mountaineers’ youth supporters aim to raise $50,000 for BCM, while teaching young people the rewards of making a difference using their own power!
As a thank you for all of your hard work fundraising, BCM sponsors provide our BCM Challenge participants exciting gear packages. You are eligible to receive a gear package once you reach $2,000.
While there is no fundraising minimum we do encourage you to strive to raise funds so that we can pay for one of the following big ticket items:
- $250 = A child’s first Overnight Camp experience
- $500 = Transportation for one team to and from expedition
- $1,000 = A teen’s transformative week-long expedition
- $2,500 = Training for all our adult mentors across the country
- $5,000 = One full expedition of 5 students
Mountain Gear generously stores and ships all of the SFS climber packages at no cost to BCM, so more of what you raise goes directly to youth programs! Thank you Mountain Gear!
Travel Insurance: We strongly encourage everyone to purchase travel insurance which covers trip cancellation, interruption, delay, baggage loss or delay, medical expenses, medical evacuation and repatriation. Travel insurance offers the best possible protection if you have a sudden, unexpected illness or injury prior to or when traveling. Check with the insurance provider for specific coverage details including adventure/sports coverage. Additional cancellation coverage may be available if purchased within 14 days of making your trip deposit. However, trip insurance can be purchased at any time prior to the start of your climb.
For more information please visit one of the websites below, or contact your local travel agent.